Stable thermophilic DNA polymerase, suitable for applications requiring high temperature synthesis of DNA.
The enzyme is supplemented with two inert gel tracking dyes.
- Taq DNA Polymeraseis a thermostable enzyme of approximately 94 kDa from Thermus aquaticus.
- Ultrapure, recombinant protein.
- The enzyme replicates DNA at 74°C and exhibits a half-life of 40 min at 95°C (1,2).
- Catalyzes the polymerization of nucleotides into duplex DNA in the 5´->3´ direction in the presence of magnesium ions.
- Maintains the 5´->3´ exonuclease activity.
- Lacks the 3´->5´ exonuclease activity.
- Adds extra A at the 3′ ends.
- Color Taq DNA Polymerase is recommended for use in PCR and primer extension reactions at elevated temperatures to obtain a wide range of DNA products up to 10 kb.
- Use of Color Taq DNA Polymerase offers several advantages:
- visualizes the addition of the polymerase to the reaction,
- confirms complete mixing,
- enables direct loading of PCR products onto an agarose gel without addition of a gel loading buffer,
- the added dyes allow to track electrophoresis progress,
- do not affect PCR performance,
- do not interfere with most downstream applications (exeption: the polymerase is not recommended for any downstream application using absorbance or fluorescence excitation).